Car Seat Safety Checks
Schedule a Child Car Seat Fitting
The Cardinal Joint Fire District encourages parents to schedule a child safety seat check. The purpose is to ensure that child passengers are properly secured.
Call the Cardinal Joint Fire District at 330-533-4316 ext. 3 to schedule a child car seat fitting.
New Ohio Booster Law
As of 2009, only 20% of children 4-8 years of age are using booster seats. A large number of these children are severely or fatally injured as a result of being improperly restrained during motor vehicle crashes.
Every child under 8 years old and under 4’9″ must be in a booster.
CJFD car seat technicians are certified by the National Child Passenger Safety Certification Training Program (Safe Kids)
The three main reasons for improper installation are:
• Incorrect seat installation
• Wrong child/seat size
• Loose restraints
In preparation for your appointment, here are a few things to consider:
• Bring the children and car seats to be checked
• If possible have both parents present
• Have your car seat and vehicle owner manuals handy
• Car seat installation area should be free of dirt and debris